Ok, excuse the Cher tag, I was making these to give to my mother-in-law with Cher concert tickets. But these were SO easy to make, and came out so cute. You could use any kind of filling you want, and decorate them any way you want!
1 21oz. can cherry pie filling
1 box refrigerated pie crust, thawed (2 crusts)
1 egg beaten with 2 tsp water added
2 tbsp brown sugar
12 cakepop sticks
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Roll crust out on a floured surface so that it doesn’t stick. Using a mason jar lid ring (or a cookie cutter approximately 3 inches in diameter) cut circles in one of the crusts. Use a rolling pin to flatten scraps of dough out after cutting some, to be able to cut more. You should be able to get 12 circles out of one crust. You will have excess, put it to the side to decorate with.
3. Place circles onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Press a stick into each one so that it stays, but not all the way through the dough.
4. Spoon about 1 1/2 tsp of pie filling onto each circle.
5. Using the mason jar lid, repeat what you did with the first crust to create 12 more circles. Combine the excess with your reserved crust from step 2.
6. Press a dough circle over the tops of each one you placed on the baking sheet, and use a fork to seal edges. Seal very well around the stick.
7. Using a dough cutter (or a pizza cutter) cut out thin strips from your remaining crust scraps to make a lattice crust. Brush the tops of the pie pops with the egg wash before placing lattice strips. Then brush the tops when you’ve finished. Alternative: use small cookie cutters in a fun shape. Or a not fun shape, your call.
8. Sprinkle each one with brown sugar.
9. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove carefully with a spatula and allow to cool completely if you’re going to package them or tie ribbons. Handle carefully so that the stick doesn’t slip completely into the pie pop.